[EMBOSS] Jemboss setup problem

Mahmut Uludag uludag at ebi.ac.uk
Thu May 22 16:23:05 UTC 2008

> bearcat# java org/emboss/jemboss/Jemboss local &

You shouldn't normally start Jemboss directly but use the runJemboss.sh
script (it sets the Java classpath and the environment). Make sure that
you have edited your runJemboss.sh script and added the word 'local' in
the line java is invoked, you should have something similar to the
following.

   /myjre/bin/java org.emboss.jemboss.Jemboss &

Which version of Java are you using? I ask this because when I do the
same mistake I get different error messages.

Regards,
Mahmut