[EMBOSS] help

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 14 10:37:42 UTC 2008

This has been reported before but we've never been able to
reproduce it. It seems to be limited to just some SuSE systems.

As you've installed to /usr/local then the binaries will be
in /usr/local/bin and the libraries in /usr/local/lib.

So, there are two ways you can get things to work.

a) Add /usr/local/lib to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable
   e.g.
   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

b) Add the line:
   /usr/local/lib
   to your system  /etc/ld.so.conf  file and then type "ldconfig"
   [In order for this change to work you may need to restart
    the computer]

I should also point out that version 2.10.0 of EMBOSS is rather out
of date. The current version is 5.0.0 - it will have a newer
version of 'libtool' incorporated which may or may not
solve this feature of SuSE.

Alan