[EMBOSS] help

Mahmut Uludag uludag at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 14 10:18:57 UTC 2008

Hi,

> I installed EMBOSS 10.0 on an OPENSUSE Linux machine. I did a make
> install in the end to move stuff to the usr/local/bin folder so that
> the programs are accessible to everyone. Now when I give the path from
> where EMBOSS was installed, the programs run, e.g.
> /usr/local/EMBOSS/EMBOSS-2.10.0/emboss/wossname  runs fine
> But when I type just wossname I get the following error:
> <shrish at genesys>shrish at genesys:~> wossname
> wossname: error while loading shared libraries: libnucleus.so.0:
> Where did I go wrong? I have installed EMBOSS earlier on other
> versions of Unix and Linux, without any hassles.

I think it would help you understand the problem if you first know which
wossname is executed (call 'which wossname' to learn it), then using the
'ldd' command you can check which shared libraries that wossname
executable is using.

If you don't have specific reasons it is always better to install the
latest stable release of EMBOSS, which is EMBOSS-5.0.0

Regards,
Mahmut