[EMBOSS] einverted- file size limits?

Jon Ison jison at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jun 26 07:24:40 UTC 2008

Hi Josh

The short answer is you need more memory and a faster computer.
Check there are no system limits on memory usage (do an "unlimit"
or some such).  EMBOSS has no arbitrary memory limits, it is just
that einverted uses full dynamic programming which is necessarily
very memory and CPU intensive, especially for larger sequences.

You could try running palindrome which does a similar thing and is
is faster and less memory intensive.

Cheers

Jon