[EMBOSS] einverted- file size limits?

Josh Cohn jcohn at pngg.org
Wed Jun 25 17:51:28 UTC 2008

Hello,

      I am attempting to use einverted on a relatively large set of
sequences.  I've noticed that when I run just a few sequences, einverted
seems to run just fine.  However, when I use the same parameters on a
large set of sequences, the program quits before it has finished
analyzing all of the data.  Are there known file size limits or sequence
length limits for einverted?  If so, how can I run large sequences
(>300kb) or large numbers of sequences (1000+)?

I'm running einverted from EMBOSS 5.0.0 on a Sun machine running Solaris
9 for SPARC.

Thanks,

Josh