[EMBOSS] sequence retrieval

Jay jboddu at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 10 20:15:35 UTC 2008

Daniel:
I tried seqret in different ways.
My problem is EMBOSS is not recognizing my master sequence file (which is in
fasta form) as my private database. Even after I did the indexing using
dbifasta.
When seqret is asking me to input sequence(s), I am not able to figure out
what exactly it accepts.
I tried dbname:ID, dbname:@listfile.
I also tried a crude way of copy pasting my master file and listfile in
"embl" folder in EMBOSSwin folder and try the same syntax (embl:ID,
embl:@listfile etc.
These did not work.
I am assuming that my master file is not being recognized as a private DB.
I wanted to define my database in .embossrc file. I could not figure this
out either.
Jay