[EMBOSS] configuring mEMBOSS

Mahmut Uludag uludag at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Feb 13 14:04:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

>   I am new to EMBOSS and Unix.  I installed cygwin and mEMBOSS 5.0.  When I try to configure mEmboss with ./configure, I get a message that says 'bash: ./configure: No such file or directory.'  And I don't see a 'configure.exe' file with ls command.  I appreciate any help.
>
>   I am following the instructions from:
>   http://emboss.open-bio.org/pipermail/emboss/2006-May/002537.html'

I think you should not use cygwin. The instructions above should
probably was for installing the standard version before mEMBOSS was
developed.

I guess mEMBOSS should directly be installed. Possibly by executing the
file you downloaded, which should be the following.

ftp://emboss.open-bio.org/pub/EMBOSS/windows/mEMBOSS-5.0.0-setup.exe

I noticed there is a readme file as well.

ftp://emboss.open-bio.org/pub/EMBOSS/windows/README.win

Regards,
Mahmut