[EMBOSS] jemboss

Charles Plessy charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org
Sat Aug 30 01:50:14 UTC 2008

Le Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:21:43PM -0300, Beny Spira a écrit :
> Thanks for the answers. The libgd2-devel package was indeed missing. I
> installed libgd2-xpm-dev and jemboss installation went smoothly.
> However, I can't run jemboss, there is no response to the command
> ./runJemboss.sh
> I checked the permissions and it is OK.
> I even installed the entire EMBOSS package again, but still cannot make it
> work.
> Any clue what might be wrong?

Maybe you forgot to give the path to the jdk when calling the configure
script?

If you use the non-free Sun Java package distributed by Debian (Lenny
release), the following option should do the job:

--with-java=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.07/include --with-javaos=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.07/include/linux

The freed version of Sun Java is unfortunately not ready yet, and I do
not know if jemboss works with alternatives (gcj, ...). If it were so,
please contact me, and I will make an official jemboss package for
Debian. If not, we will have to wait for "IcedTea" to be ready.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,