[EMBOSS] SeaView

Guy Bottu gbottu at vub.ac.be
Wed Aug 20 08:59:51 UTC 2008

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio wrote:
> I thought this discussion was so interesting, that I have opened a section
> in wikipedia to discuss all sequence alignment editor software, starting
> from those that you have described here.

Nice initative !

A remark : the latest version of SeaView I have seen supports clustalw and
muscle for re-alignment, not t-coffee (although you can re-configure SeaView to
put any alignment software in).

Some other software that could be mentioned :
- Genedoc (very useful for preparing alignments for publication)
   http://www.nrbsc.org/gfx/genedoc

- SeqPup
   http://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/soft/molbio/seqpup/java/

- MSE (text-mode, also embossified version available as Embassy package)

	Regards,
	Guy Bottu,
	BEN