[EMBOSS] error while loading shared libraries: libnucleus.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Charles Plessy charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org
Tue Aug 5 10:24:18 UTC 2008

Le Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 11:50:51AM +0200, Peter Robinson a écrit :

> I have tried to install EMBOSS 6.0 and got through ./configure, make,
> make install without error messages. However, when I try to start an
> emboss program, I get the following error:
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libnucleus.so.6: cannot open
>
> I am running debian 4.0 & couldnt find any reference to this in google
> or the online docs. Any hints greatly appreciated!

Hello Peter,

There are now Debian EMBOSS packages version 6.0.1 that can solve your
problem:

http://packages.debian.org/source/experimental/emboss

(The Jaspar patch sent earlier on this list is not yet applied, but will
be soon after it is posted on the EMBOSS FTP site).

Otherwise, you may collect a few more informations to better understand
your problem, with the following commands:

 - which seqret
 - ldd $(which seqret) | grep nucleus
 - ls -l $(ldd $(which seqret) | grep nucleus | cut -f3 -d' ')

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team