[EMBOSS] error while loading shared libraries: libnucleus.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Peter Robinson peter.robinson at t-online.de
Tue Aug 5 09:50:51 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have tried to install EMBOSS 6.0 and got through ./configure, make,
make install without error messages. However, when I try to start an
emboss program, I get the following error:

error while loading shared libraries: libnucleus.so.6: cannot open

I am running debian 4.0 & couldnt find any reference to this in google
or the online docs. Any hints greatly appreciated!
-Peter