[EMBOSS] Jemboss

Staffa, Nick (NIH/NIEHS) [C] staffa at niehs.nih.gov
Thu Apr 24 15:02:31 UTC 2008

Right now I am most concerned about restriction analysis. This is what
my most favored customers need. There is no meaningful output when doing
remap from Jemboss, whilst there is good output from command line.
There is hardly any meaningful error message.

Message from Jemboss:

Input: local GCG file (previously converted from Genbank file.
Program: remap with all defaults.
Result: Saved Results window: 3 tabs:
	Filename.remap  shows only the locus name
	C_RestoredFile.....    shows the original sequence file.
	Cmd shows
remap -sequence C__RestoredFiles_staffa_Desktop_PC_Sequences_hspgk2g.seq
-enzymes all -sitelen 4 -mincuts 1 -maxcuts 2000000000 -nosingle  -blunt
-sticky  -ambiguity  -noplasmid  -commercial  -table 0 -frame 6 -cutlist
-noflatreformat  -limit  -translation  -reverse  -orfminsize 0
-nothreeletter  -nonumber  -width 60 -length 0 -margin 10 -name
-description  -offset 1 -nohtml  -auto

Entering an outputfilename makes no difference; no local output file was
generated.

Selecting a remote file, even fasta, from the File Manager and clicking
on Load Sequence Attributes gives Error Message Sequence Not Found
Check the sequence entered. [OK].   Whereas double clicking on the entry
gives a nice picture of the sequence in Remote File window.

Using a fasta remote sequence the Saved Results has two tabs:
	EF015887.remap   has only the name of the sequence
	Cmd		contains the command.
Running command line remap on the same sequence using all defaults gives
a nice output showing many cuts many places.

Using the File Manager to move the same fasta file to local C drive and
running remap.  Clicking Load Sequence Attributes does not give any
error.
The output Saved Results now has 3 tabs, but no real output.