[EMBOSS] emma doest not work for nucleic sequences

Duhaime Johanne Johanne.Duhaime at ircm.qc.ca
Thu Apr 10 14:27:45 UTC 2008

Hello

I installed version 5 of Emboss on Solaris 9. I compiled a 64 bits version. When I run emma with a protein file it work fine. But when I use nucleic sequences it does not. Clustawl, by itself, work fine with nucleic sequences.

Emma  (protein)
Multiple alignment program - interface to ClustalW program
Input (gapped) sequence(s): multipleprotein.tfa
output sequence set [hs70_achkl.aln]:
Dendrogram (tree file) from clustalw output file [hs70_achkl.dnd]:

 CLUSTAL W 2.0 Multiple Sequence Alignments
Sequence type explicitly set to Protein
Sequence format is Pearson
number of seqs is: 5
(...)

Emma (nucleic)
Multiple alignment program - interface to ClustalW program
Input (gapped) sequence(s): multiplenucleic.tfa
output sequence set [ai632122.aln]:
Dendrogram (tree file) from clustalw output file [ai632122.dnd]:

 CLUSTAL W 2.0 Multiple Sequence Alignments

Error: parameter required for /dnamatrix
Error: Failed to open filename '00025815B'
Problem writing out EMBOSS alignment fileSegmentation fault

I have looked in the last year mail forum but could not see anything related.

Thank you in advance

Johanne
duhaimj at ircm.qc.ca<mailto:duhaimj at ircm.qc.ca>