[EMBOSS] XFree86 vs xorg

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Oct 10 13:02:49 UTC 2007

Hi

My EMBOSS 5.0 install failed as it couldn't find Xlib.h.  On googling, I
see this is part of XFree86-devel.  However, as a red hat enterprise
linux 4 user, my X windows seems to be the x.org branch rather than
XFree86....

So, is there a workaround, or should I overwrite my xorg libraries with
XFree86 ones?

Thanks
Mick

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally
privileged and is intended solely for the addressee. If you have
received this message in error please delete it & notify the originator
immediately.
Unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
forbidden & may be unlawful.
The contents of this e-mail are the views of the sender and do not
necessarily represent the views of the Institute.
This email and associated attachments has been checked locally for
viruses but we can accept no responsibility once it has left our
systems.
Communications on Institute computers are monitored to secure the
effective operation of the systems and for other lawful purposes.