[EMBOSS] segmentation fault and other error messages

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jun 13 22:00:07 UTC 2007

Dear Xin,

Hong, Xin wrote:
> Dear support group members of EMBOSS,
>
> I have several types of errors during my test of installation of EMBOSS. I tried on three different computers: desktop/Ubuntu, AIX5.0 (named as libra) and x86_64/RHEL (called discern). Could anyone give us some hint?
>
> 1. segmentation fault:fcontml failed on all
>
> [libra02:discern_test]\% fcontml
> Gene frequency and continuous character Maximum Likelihood
> Input file: contml.dat
> Uncaught exception:  Allocation failed, insufficient memory available, raised at ajstr.c:2083

Can you please send me the input file contml.dat

> 2. no error message, create a empty file on discern: fconsense, ftreedist, ftreedistpair
> Please note, we install EMBOSS in 64 bits on dicern. They work fine on other two computers.

What was the ./configure commandline when you install?

> 3. a wierd one: ememe.
>
> I am sure we installed MEME package.
>
> [discern:discern_test]\% ememe crp0.s  -mod oops -revcomp ex2.html
> Motif detection
> sh: meme: command not found

ememe will search for meme in the /bin/sh path, perhaps you installed it
somewhere that is in your path when you login but not for this shell?

You can define environment variable EMBOSS_MEME (uppercase, or put it
into the emboss.defaults file) to point to the full path to meme.