[EMBOSS] segmentation fault and other error messages

Hong, Xin xinhong at indiana.edu
Tue Jun 12 21:07:53 UTC 2007

Dear support group members of EMBOSS,

I have several types of errors during my test of installation of EMBOSS. I tried on three different computers: desktop/Ubuntu, AIX5.0 (named as libra) and x86_64/RHEL (called discern). Could anyone give us some hint?

1. segmentation fault:fontml failed on all

[libra02:discern_test]\% fcontml
Gene frequency and continuous character Maximum Likelihood
Input file: contml.dat
Uncaught exception:  Allocation failed, insufficient memory available, raised at ajstr.c:2083

[discern:discern_test]\% fcontml -printdata
Gene frequency and continuous character Maximum Likelihood
Input file: contml.dat
Segmentation fault

[ccc-desktop:test]\% fcontml -printdataGene frequency and continuous character Maximum Likelihood
Input file: contml.dat
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

2. no error message, create a empty file on discern: fconsense, ftreedist, ftreedistpair
Please note, we install EMBOSS in 64 bits on dicern. They work fine on other two computers.

3. a wierd one: ememe.

I am sure we installed MEME package.

[discern:discern_test]\% ememe crp0.s  -mod oops -revcomp ex2.html
Motif detection
sh: meme: command not found

[libra02:discern_test]\% ememe crp0.s  -mod oops -revcomp ex2.html
Motif detection
sh: meme:  not found.

[ccc-desktop:test]\% ememe crp0.s  -mod oops -revcomp ex2.html
Motif detection
sh: meme: not found

Best,
Xin