[EMBOSS] request for a useful addition

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Thu Jan 25 17:31:22 UTC 2007

The program dottup (and other dotplot tools) takes the two sequence given
and displays a dotplot.  It would be useful if you could give it the option
to reverse complement one of the sequences then perform a dotplot.

I was comparing a mRNA with a genomic sequence and wasn't seeing the
similarity between the sequences.  Then I releazied I needed to rev-comp the
mRNA and it showed up fine.  Of course, one can do this using revseq, but to
have dottup do it for you would be even better.

Ryan