[EMBOSS] Does not manage to use .embossrc from the current directory.

Charles Plessy charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org
Sat Apr 28 08:32:09 UTC 2007

Le Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 11:44:44AM +0100, Peter Rice a écrit :

> Ah, that is a documentation error. EMBOSS no longer looks in the current
> directory. We are writing a new admin guide.
> But another suggestion in the same part of the admin guide is what you need.
>
> EMBOSS has a way to redirect $HOME (we use it to redirect $HOME/.embossrc when
> running QA tests. Define EMBOSSRC to be the current directory (you can use ".")

Many thanks, it works well. (By the way, I get no extra information when
running seqret -debug).

I would like to take the opportunity of this thread for a feature
request:

In the Debian-Med project, we are planning to distribute some small
databases as debian packages. In order to make them easily available to
users, I would like that each package would deposit a small
configuration file in a directory such as /etc/emboss/embossrc.d, and it
would be great if embossrc files could be instructed to "INCLUDE" a whole
directory.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy