[EMBOSS] pepstat algorythm

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Apr 15 07:40:30 UTC 2007

>From looking at the source code:

The program uses per amino acid values for the extinction coefficient.
It gets them from the Eamino.dat data file in the EMBOSS distribution.
Extinction coefficients are based on the values of Gill and von Hippel
(1989) Anal Biochem 182 319-326.

It sums the values over the sequence and reports that. It then
calculates the 1mg/ml value by taking the above value and dividing
it by the molecular weight.

HTH

Alan