[EMBOSS] pepstat algorythm

Miguel Ortiz-Lombardia molatwork at yahoo.es
Sun Apr 15 06:47:54 UTC 2007

Dear Nyachy,

I don't know about the formula used in pepstat. But there are several
ways of calculating the extintion coefficient of a protein at 280 nm,
using its sequence.

Have a look at the ProtParam (at Expasy) documentation:

http://www.expasy.ch/tools/protparam-doc.html

There, they explain several possible choices and give references about them.

Cheers,

Miguel

En/na 小野塚 智美 ha escrit:
> Dear friends
>
> I would like to know how the extinction coefficients for
> proteins at 280 nm in pepstat.
>
> I read the source code and reference paper but still I
> could not understand.
>
> could somebody tell me the more informative reference
> paper or the formula of the algorithm.
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> nyachy

- --
Miguel Ortiz Lombardía
Centro de Investigaciones Oncológicas
C/ Melchor Fernández Almagro, 3
28029 Madrid, Spain
Tel. +34 912 246 900
Fax. +34 912 246 976
e-mail: molatwork at yahoo.es
Et ainsi ne pouvant faire que ce qui est juste fût fort, on a fait que
ce qui est fort fût juste.
                                                Blaise Pascal, Pensées