[EMBOSS] [Fwd: RE: EMBOSS-Explorer Follow-up]

pmr at ebi.ac.uk pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Sep 19 12:39:09 UTC 2006

Hi Ryan,

>> Aha ... tfm works, but tfm -html may fail.
>>
>> If the program fails to find the html file, it will check the
>> original
>> distribution directory. Unfortunately, if it does find an
>> html file ...
>> it may be from version 3. I forgot about the tfm -html option when we
moved the files.

>> A fix will take a few days to test. EMBASSY html documentation is not
under the embassy package, so TFM will have to check the ACD file to
find the EMBASSY package name. Easy enough - several other
>> programs do
>> it - but needs quite a few tests to make sure it does it correctly in
all cases.

I have posted a fix (Fix 18, emboss/tfm.c and nucleus/emboss.[ch]) on the
FTP server ftp://emboss.open-bio.org/pub/EMBOSS/fixes

More information in the README.fixes file.

Apologies for this bug ... I completely forgot there was a -html option in
tfm ... but at least we now have a use for it :-)

regards.