[EMBOSS] protein sequence format question

Tao Song tao.song at calibrant.com
Tue Sep 5 23:54:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

      I try to use DIGEST function in EMBOSS for tryptic digest
of protein sequence. The sequence file I download from the following
link:
ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/biomart/current/uniprot_mart_17/uniprot_sequence__sequence__main.txt.gz

     It is a tab delimited flat file which includes all protein sequences. It seems
that it is not any of the formats EMBOSS support. I wonder is it still possible
to use DIGEST function?

     I attached a small file of the sequence database.

     Thanks a lot for your help!

     Regards,

     Tao