[EMBOSS] 30 entries only

pmr at ebi.ac.uk pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Oct 24 08:55:17 UTC 2006

Rodrigo Lopez writes:

> I suspect this is related to the default view used in SRS. It is
> returning the first page of results that contains 30 sequences (the
> default). To overcome this problem, the call need to have the following
> parameters:
>
> http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srsbin/cgi-bin/wgetz?[uniprot-des:kinase]+-vn+1+-lv+100

But this is using the EMBOSS "srswww" access method, which uses

+-e+-ascii

That should return complete entries for all as ascii text.

Perhaps something has changed on the EBI's SRS server because this now
only gives me 30 entries.

+-lv+100 does give 100 entries ... but it will take some reworking of the
code to loop through entries that way. Hmmmm.....