[EMBOSS] (no subject)

mukherje at nsm.umass.edu mukherje at nsm.umass.edu
Fri Oct 13 19:34:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

I tried to build Emboss package in a cygwin environment but had thhe following
error after running the "make" function.

Creating library file: .libs/libajax.dll.a
collect2: Id returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libajax.1a] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/supratim/Emboss-4.0.0/ajax'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error1

I tried to run the application both before & after applying the fix as
mentioned and also tried with the regular configure option as well as

./configure --without-x CFLAGS=-s
make
make install

I also tried with the older version (EMBOSS-3.0.0) but did not have much luck.
It works fine in a Mac but I would like to get it to work on a Windows
platform with cygwin.

Thank you for your assistance in advance

Supratim Mukherjee
Graduate student
Department of Microbiology
UMass, Amherst