[EMBOSS] question

shaun at ebi.ac.uk shaun at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Oct 6 18:30:56 UTC 2006

> To whom it may concern.
>
> I tried to install emboss on MS Windows 2000 in a cygwin environment. I
> typed ./configure (following INSTALL). It took a long time but there was
> no
> error message. After typing make  I got the message bash:command:not
> found.
> Does anybody have any idea to solve this problem. Thanks.

Hi Johannes,

I believe the installation under cygwin requires a couple of additional
switches:

./configure --without-x CFLAGS=-s

See the following URL for a more short guide to installing EMBOSS under a
cygwin environment (it actually describes the scenario that you are
encountering):

http://emboss.sourceforge.net/download/cygwin.html

HTH

Shaun