[EMBOSS] tranalign errors

Michael Thon mthon at tamu.edu
Sun Nov 12 12:27:20 UTC 2006

Hello - I'm trying to use tranalign to align DNA sequences but it
keeps throwing errors.  I tested it on the example input files from
the documentation web pages and those work fine.

here's an example session with the errors:

tranalign fasta::stm1likedna.fasta fasta::stm1_prot_aln.fasta
Align nucleic coding regions given the aligned proteins
nucleotide output sequence set [ss1g01814.fasta]:
Error: Guide protein sequence SS1G01814 not found in nucleic sequence
SS1G01814
<snip>
it throws the same error for every pair of proteins in the file

here are the sequence names in the files.  I can supply the full
files if anyone thinks they can help.
thanks in advance...
Mike

[mike at mikes-laptop phylo]$ grep '>' stm1likedna.fasta
 >SS1G01814
 >SS1G03605
 >SS1G07709
 >SS1G11564
 >BC1G02874
 >BC1G08371
 >BC1G15724
[mike at mikes-laptop phylo]$ grep '>' stm1_prot_aln.fasta