[EMBOSS] problems installing EMBOSS under Cygwin

Andreas Heyland aheyland at ufl.edu
Mon May 15 03:15:07 UTC 2006

Hi, I download Emboss package and tried to install it under cygwin. I
keep getting the error message cc1.exe - Entry Point not found The
procedure entry point_impure_ptr could not be located in the dynamic
link library cygwin1.dll when I try to run the: "./configure --without-x
CFLAGS=-s" command. I am using:
cygwin: 1.5.19-4
gcc: 3.4.4-1
It seems that my cygwin installation might not have worked, i.e. there
is an incompatibility issue between GCC and Cygwin. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot
Andreas