[EMBOSS] oddcomp result wrong

Emily Wong Emily.Wong at uts.edu.au
Thu May 11 03:09:29 UTC 2006

Hi,
Thanks for the information about installing emboss on intel macs
earlier. Unfortunately I've run into another problem...

My aim is to modify oddcomp to provide some additional functionalities.
I have successfully installed emboss from fink. Also I have successfully
compiled the source code of oddcomp (obtained from emboss-3.0.0 at
emboss). However I get different results to the same input data when I
run oddcomp from the fink install compared with running oddcomp from the
lone compilation. The results for the lone compile is wrong.

My compseq-like input is here:

Word size 1
Total count 0
A 5

_Output of fink installed oddcomp_
#
# Output from 'oddcomp'
#
# The Expected frequencies are taken from the file: input_like_COMPSEQ.txt
#
#    Word size: 1
    *longsequenceAs*

#    END    #

_Output of self compiled oddcomp_
#
# Output from 'oddcomp'
#
# The Expected frequencies are taken from the file: input_like_COMPSEQ.txt
#
#    Word size: 1
   * longseqnoAs*

#    END    #

Any sugestions as to the cause of the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Emily