[EMBOSS] Jemboss Display Problem?

Guido Vacano nycademon at spiralrealm.com
Mon Jul 17 18:55:58 UTC 2006

Hello--

    I recently installed EMBOSS (and Jemboss) on a Fedora Core 5
machine, running Tomcat 5.5 and Axis 1.4 (both downloaded binaries).
Using Jemboss, everything seems to work fine, except there's a problem
displaying results from restrict (and possibly other programs). The
output is fine for maybe 100 or so lines, but then it turns into
gibberish (as if I were trying to read a binary executable). If I
download the results from the server via Jemboss, the downloaded file
contains the same correct output, followed by gibberish. However, if I
look at the output file on the server via a terminal connection, the
entire file is correct, so it appears to be an error in transferring
information from server to client. I have no idea if this is a Jemboss
or Tomcat or Axis problem. Any ideas?

Thanks, Guido Vacano