[EMBOSS] Antwort: "entret", "seqret", & "whichdb" don't work

David.Bauer at SCHERING.DE David.Bauer at SCHERING.DE
Wed Jul 12 05:47:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

the emboss.default file, which comes with the distribution, contains some
example definitions for databases.
But they don't work out of the box.
In principle there are two ways for database access from emboss:
You can either have the data on a local file system and index them with
the emboss utilities (dbxflat, dbxfasta etc.) or you can configure emboss
to access remote databases via http.
There is a chapter about database configuration in the documentation
http://emboss.sourceforge.net/docs/themes/Databases.html
which explains in detail how to configure database access.

Hope this helps,
David.