[EMBOSS] Accessing Applications

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Feb 28 09:44:12 UTC 2006

Ahmad N. Abou Tayoun wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a graduate student at Dartmouth Medical School.  I was trying to use some of EMBOSS applications but it always gave me the error shown below.  Can you please help me figure that out ?
>

> An error has been encountered in accessing this page.
>
> 1. Server: emboss.sourceforge.net
> 2. URL path: /apps/groups/diffseq.html
> 3. Error notes: File does not exist: /home/groups/e/em/emboss/htdocs/apps/groups/diffseq.html

Oops ... we are making changes to the documentation on the website. We appear
to have broken some links.

What we are doing is to make separate documentation for the latest release
and for the current development code. This has broken the links if you go via
the application groups pages.

You will still be able to use your local EMBOSS installation (which includes
full documentation on the programs).

 From your message it could be you are looking for a site where you can run
EMBOSS through a web interface ... if so, there are many to choose from. We do
not advertise any in particular, but perhaps we should.

Meanwhile, we will fix the broken links.

Hope that helps,