[EMBOSS] Antwort: Re: EMBOSS Digest, Vol 13, Issue 4

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Aug 8 12:36:31 UTC 2006

Hello David,

> It was the missing msvcr80.dll. I have the older version msvcr70.dll.
> The only idea I have why there was no "dll not found" error is, that
> windows tries
> to fix the missing dll by falling back to the older version and clustalw
> then
> runs into trouble ?

That is good to know. Thanks. The installer does have the capability of
safely (it says) adding system DLLs to the Windows system directory but
I'm a little wary of doing that at the moment. There dragons may live. For
the
alpha test, at least, it is probably better that people install
vcredist_x86.exe as necessary.

Thanks for the Path info. Curious indeed.

Alan