[EMBOSS] Antwort: Re: EMBOSS Digest, Vol 13, Issue 4

David.Bauer at SCHERING.DE David.Bauer at SCHERING.DE
Tue Aug 8 11:57:48 UTC 2006

Hello Alan,

> DependencyWalker (http://www.dependencywalker.com) shows that the
That's a nice tool !
> required modules on XP for clustalw are kernel32.dll, msvcr80.dll,
> msvcrt.dll and ntdll.dll. You could try installing Dependencywalker
> and seeing whether it detects any missing modules for clustalw on
> your system.

It was the missing msvcr80.dll. I have the older version msvcr70.dll.
The only idea I have why there was no "dll not found" error is, that
windows tries
to fix the missing dll by falling back to the older version and clustalw
then
runs into trouble ?

> > Btw. I could not reproduce the Path overwriting on any generic XP (Pro
or
> > Home) so it has something to do with our local XP installtion but I
could
> > not find the reason so far.
>
> I'm still intrigued by that one. I expect that you've checked that
> there isn't another program called setenv.exe on the system?

The only special thing is, that I have a Path under user variables AND
under system variables.
But I tried to reproduce this situation on another machine and the emboss
dir was
correctly appended there to the system Path. Curious.

Thanks,
David.