[EMBOSS] Cusp cfile option

pmr at ebi.ac.uk pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Sep 14 10:17:19 UTC 2005

Hi Mark,

> I was wondering what the purpose was for the -cfile option in cusp.
> After all, cusp *creates* a cut file, so why should it need one ?
> Also, where can I find out about the species for the CODONS/*.cut files.
> I looked inside these for a comment or something, but nothing was there.
> For instance, Eyeast.cut is obvious, but what species is used for
> Eyen.cut ?

Changed a lot in EMBOSS 3.0.0. There was discussion at least on the
developers list. cusp no longer needs the file, filenames have been
cleaned up, and there is a list of species attached to the files to make
names clearer.

I'm not in the office today, best guess for Yen would be Yersinia
enterocolitica :-)