[EMBOSS] copying emboss indexes to another directory

Alexis Torrano Martinez atorrano at lsi.upc.edu
Tue Sep 13 08:34:07 UTC 2005

Hello

I would like to know if there is any problem if I copy my emboss index
files to another directory and then define another database description
in the emboss.default configuration file.
I have been moving files from our current disk to another with more
room, will it be necessary to regenerate the indexes again with dbiflat?

Some error messages :

seqret UniProtRebost:108_LYCES
Reads and writes (returns) sequences
Error: Cannot open database file 'uniprot_sprot.dat'
Error: Unable to read sequence 'UniProtRebost:108_LYCES'
Died: seqret terminated: Bad value for '-sequence' and no prompt

## UniProtRebost is the definition for our UniProt at the new disk.

Done some debugging to seqret with -debug option. It seemed seqret was
searching for uniprot_sprot.dat at the same directory in the new disk
where I copied the indexes I had on the old disk.

    A lot of thanks!

    Alexis.

Alexis Torrano Martinez
e-mail: atorrano at lsi.upc.edu

Nodo Computacional GNHC-2 UPC-CIRI (inb.lsi.upc.edu)
Instituto Nacional de Bioinformatica (www.inab.org)
Barcelona Supercomputing Center Node (www.bsc.es)

c/. Jordi Girona 29
Edifici Nexus II, despatx 113  Tel:  (+34) 93 413 4037
E-08034 Barcelona              Fax:  (+34) 93 401 7055
Catalunya (Spain)
Team info:
http://www.inab.org/~malaga/MOWServ/services/HELP/MarcoBajo/team.html