[EMBOSS] EMBOSS-3.0.0: changes in local acd-file are not realized

Ulrike Kaule ulrike.kaule at gmx.de
Mon Sep 12 18:10:09 UTC 2005

Hello,

I installed  EMBOSS-3.0.0 locally, because I want to make some changes
in acd-file, especially I want to change the format of the output from
the default "seqtable" to "gff", because I need this setting for work
with taverna. But the problem is, that this change is not realized, when
I run the EMBOSS-programm (digest in this case). I changed acd-file in
directory /usr/local/EMBOSS-3.0.0/emboss/acd. It looks now like
report: outfile  [
    parameter: "Y"
    rformat: "gff"
    multiple: "Y"
    taglist: "float:molwt=Mol_Weight str:cterm str:nterm"
  ]

When I start this programm on command-line with no specification for the
-rformat-option (../../emboss/digest myseq -outfile=myreport) - it
should now take the rformat from acd-file - then the rformat is still
seqtable. When starting  with  ../../emboss/digest myseq -rformat=gff
-outfile=myreport, then it produces the right output - gff.
Why is the setting in acd-file not recognized? Do I have to do any
recompilation after changing the acd-file?

Thanks in advance

Ulrike Kaule