[EMBOSS] installing zlib, libpng and gd

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 5 11:02:28 UTC 2005

Hi John,

You may want to check out the fink project (http://fink.sf.net). It's
a package manager to help with installing unix software on your Mac.
If you use it to install emboss, it will automatically install all
other packages that are needed (such as libpng and gd). The zlib
package already comes with  Mac OS X, I guess the admin guide was
written for an older Mac OS X version.

cheers,

- Koen.