[EMBOSS] Problem with dbifasta

Jon Ison jison at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Nov 25 12:34:56 UTC 2005

Dear Jean

"ABB51209.1" is the sequence version number.
"ABB51209" is the sequence accession number.

NCBI will retrieve sequences using either.
dbifasta indexes the accession (and also ID) only by default.

To index the sequence version (and also gi number),  specify

-fields "sv"

when you run dbifasta and add the field: "sv" to the database definition.

To index both you might need to use

-fields "sv,acc"

Please check what you did against the notes above and get back
if you still have problems.

Cheers

Jon