[EMBOSS] Jemboss Installation on OS X

Peter Ulvskov p.ulvskov at dias.kvl.dk
Sat Nov 5 17:09:26 UTC 2005

> Thanks Michael that is useful to the EMBOSS group as we are waiting
> for a
> copy of Tiger to test Jemboss/EMBOSS out on. So it is good to know that
> you have it working.
>
> Also just a note that 1.3 is no longer supported, so the options are
> 1.4.2 or 1.5.
>
> Regards
> Tim Carver

Dear Tim,
I have tried to follow your instructions earlier on (Emboss 2.8.0) with
regard to getting Jemboss installed on OS X, but gave up eventually
(Emboss itself runs fine). I have just downloaded ebiotools with Emboss
version 3.0 and thought that I should give it one more try. A little
Googling reveals that a lot of people are struggling with the Jemboss
installation and although some users actually succeed I have yet to
find a consolidated, fool proof step 1 through n on how to do it.
Jemboss has been around long enough for such a Quick-start guide to
exist if only I could find it.
Can you help?

Thanks, and best regards,

Peter Ulvskov