[EMBOSS] Cannot open division file

pmr at ebi.ac.uk pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 3 17:54:45 UTC 2005

Hi Tim,

> I have installed emboss locally under /usr/local/emboss.
>
> I uncommented the SET emboss_tempdata line within the emboss.default
> file stored at /usr/local/emboss/share/EMBOSS so it now reads:
>
> SET emboss_tempdata /usr/local/emboss/share/EMBOSS/test/
>
> I restarted my machine.
>
> Unfortunately i still get the same error messages as before.

Do you find the database directories under
/usr/local/emboss/share/EMBOSS/test/ and can you read, for example, the
swiss/seq.dat file (for tsw) from the account where you are running the
applications?

You can also run with -debug on the command line ... the *.dbg file it
writes will tell you where is is looking for the files (or, if you send it
to me, I can find the appropriate lines)

Hope that helps ... we'll get there soon