[EMBOSS] Cannot open division file

Tim Troup Tim.Troup at ed.ac.uk
Thu Nov 3 14:22:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have just installed emboss and was running a few programs over the
test databases to ensure everything was working properly. When I run
seqret for example i get the following error:

wilkie226:~ troup$ seqret
Reads and writes (returns) sequences
Input sequence(s): tsw:hba_human
Warning: Cannot open division file '<null>' for database 'tsw'
Warning: seqCdQry failed
Error: Unable to read sequence 'tsw:hba_human'

Or if i run whichdb i get:

wilkie226:~ troup$ whichdb
Search all databases for an entry
ID or Accession number: hsfau
Output file [outfile.whichdb]:
Warning: Cannot open division file '<null>' for database 'twp'
Warning: seqCdQry failed
Warning: Cannot open division file '<null>' for database 'tsw'
Warning: seqCdQry failed
Warning: Cannot open division file '<null>' for database 'tgenbank'
Warning: seqCdQry failed
Warning: Cannot open division file '<null>' for database 'tpir'

    EMBOSS An error in ajseqdb.c at line 2597:
seqCdQryOpen failed

Having trawled through the mailing list archives I see others have
experienced this problem in the past. Unfortunately I could not see
any replies suggesting solutions.

Any suggestions as to how i can remedy this situation would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tim