[EMBOSS] seqret

pmr at ebi.ac.uk pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Fri May 20 11:39:10 UTC 2005

Dear Alexis,

> Is it possible to split the DB through different directories or disks?
> On two 300Gb disks mounted on /mnt/d1 and /mnt/d2, I put some files on
> d1 and the other on d2... so, a tuple like the next, would it be correct?
>
> How would be done such split??

The indexing format we use in EMBOSS was developed for the Staden package
some years ago, and has no space to store more than one directory.

1. use symbolic links - either add links to /mnt/d1 that point to the
files in /mnt/d2, or create a new directory /mnt/d0 with symlinks to all
the files in /mnt/d1 and /mnt/d2

2. we are working on a new indexing system where we may be able to allow
multiple directories, but it does add extra complexity. We will look into
the possibility.

Hope that helps,