[EMBOSS] EMBOSS 2.10.0 released

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Tue Mar 15 17:36:39 UTC 2005

+----[ Alan Bleasby <ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk> (19.Feb.2005 21:09):

| EMBOSS 2.10.0 can be downloaded from the following URL:
|
|    ftp://ftp.rfcgr.mrc.ac.uk/pub/EMBOSS/
|
| or via the EMBOSS homepage:
|
|    http://emboss.sourceforge.net

+----]

Alan,

I'm now updating the FreeBSD ports to 2.10.0, and noticed
that the new MYEMBOSS-1.0.0.tar.gz can't be found in the
main site nor in any mirror.

Should I wait and include this on the list of embassy
apps? Also, when will be avilable the PHILIPNEW embassy
package?

While we're here, a few minor issues:
i) on the emboss.sf.net main page the latest release is still 2.9.0
ii) what are the requirements for OSs to enter the 'It is
reported to work' category on the 'System requirements'
section of the /download/ page? Maybe FreeBSD can be moved
to this category?

Thanks for the good work,

Fernan