[EMBOSS] Some question

Dr J.C. Ison jison at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 12:10:50 UTC 2005

Dear Balazs

See http://emboss.sourceforge.net/apps/ for application documentation.

transeq       Translates nucleic acid sequences.   (i.e. DNA -> protein)
backtranseq   Back translate a protein sequence    (i.e. protein -> DNA)
coderet       Extract CDS, mRNA and translations from feature tables

I don't think there is anything to interchange sense/antisense or mRNA / DNA
sequences but something could be written if you let us know exactly what you
need / why you need it.

Cheers

Jon