[EMBOSS] problem with using accession number....

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 15:59:55 UTC 2005

Jacob Hurst wrote:
> I was under the impression that emboss was setup to deal with both
> accession and id.

Yes, but ... this depends on how the embl database is defined at your site.

Some sites have databases defined to access entries through, for example, a
URL or an external application (or script) that can only search for entry names.

Hmmmm .... we could add a little more information on this in showdb .... for a
future release.

If you have difficulty finding out how the database is defined, mail us at
emboss-bug at emboss.open-bio.org and we can help you track it down.