[EMBOSS] emboss.default

Aengus Stewart aengus.stewart at cancer.org.uk
Fri Jan 21 13:42:22 UTC 2005

I just want to double check something.

Can I use more than one file name ie Can I do this?

file: est_rod*.dat est_mus*.dat

in specifying a data library?

Also are there any plans to roll entret and seqret into one - surely it would be quite easy to get seqret to return all of the entry rather than just the top 8 doc lines? perhaps -doclines=8 could maintain this functionality.  Its just I have found it hard to explain to users that there are 2 programs that do every so slightly different things..........

Oh and any news about the new indexing?

Sorry for all the questions but I am knee deep in EMBOSS based stuff at the moment.

Aengus

Aengus Stewart
Group Leader
Bioinformatics at CGAL                            Tel: +44 (0)20 7269 3679
Cancer Research UK, Lincoln's Inn Fields, Holborn, London, WC2A 3PX, UK

This electronic message contains information  which may be privileged and
confidential.  The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents
of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic
message in error, please notify me by telephone or email (to the number
or address above) immediately.