[EMBOSS] Re: [EMBOSS-BUG] bizarre behaviour of remap

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 16:50:39 UTC 2005

Guy Bottu wrote:

> 	Dear friends,
>
> I just noticed the following. I am running EMBOSS 2.9.0 under CompaqTru64
> 5.1B. When I run  :
> remap -orfminsize=300 embl:af049064
> I get a file with bizarre characters where you would expect spaces and -
> (see attachment)
> Yet I installed EMBOSS 2.9.0 mid August 2004 and I did not see this
> before. Is it a behaviour of EMBOSS or is there an interference with
> something else in our system ? Did anyone ever observe similar behaviour ?

We had one report of this problem earlier. It is fixed in the next release.

The cause is a cut site which goes past the start/end of the sequence.

The fix involved restructuring the pattern matching code to hold more
information, and there are too many dependencies, I think, to build a
patchfile from the current code.

For this and some other recent fixes we may make a new release quite soon.

Hope this helps,