[EMBOSS] cirdna

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Thu Dec 8 15:30:25 UTC 2005

We met with a group of our users and and there are quite a few who use
MapPlot from GCG to draw plasmids with restriction sites.  Migrating
from GCG to EMBOSS means we have to provide them with alternatives to
whatever tools they used in GCG.

Someone else recommended TACG (http://tacg.sourceforge.net/).  We'd like
our users to use the web front-end (EMBOSS-Explorer by Luke McCarthy),
which means any tools must be part of EMBOSS or MYEMBOSS to be used by
EMBOSS-Explorer.  If modifying cirdna is not possible, what about
incorporating TACG as a MYEMBOSS application?

Ryan