[EMBOSS] cirdna

pmr at ebi.ac.uk pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Dec 8 09:27:33 UTC 2005

JOn Ison wrote:

> So far as I'm aware there are no apps to generate a cirdna input
> file, at least not directly.
>
> I don't think there are tools in EMBOSS to do that conversion for
> you at the moment.  restrict can generate output as a report format
> but cirdna can't currently read a report format.   That could change
> though.  If you let us know exactly what you need we can do something
> for a future release.

A word of caution ... I tried exactly this for cirdna and lindna a few
years ago (writing their input format as a new report format).

Unfortunately, the font sizes and layout in cirdna and lindna did not work
in many cases - for large or small sequences there was no good standard
input format that produced readable output. Every case needed to be
edited.

So, we have to also make major changes to cirdna and lindna to support this.

Still, if there is enough demands from our users we can do it ....