[EMBOSS] emboss-explorer post installation

Luke McCarthy lukem at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Fri Aug 26 19:16:40 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-20 at 23:12, Sumit Middha wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
> Thanks so much for your response. Probably I did not focus my question
properly.
> Yes I did manage to install using the script, and specified the paths.
>
> However, I could not figure out, what my server should point to (I
guess the
> index page in html).

At the end of the install script, there is a message containing some
important information.  One such piece of information is the URL to
access the EMBOSS explorer interface.  It says something like "Visit
URL_TO_EMBOSS_EXPLORER to test it out."  That's the URL you should use.

The url you should use is the url to the CGI script (usually something
like http://hostname/cgi-bin/emboss)

> Also I am unsure of how the emboss installation gets linked
> to the explorer (I dont think I mentioned it anywhere during the
> installation of this emboss-explorer).

I'm afraid I don't understand the question.  The questions you answer
during the install script provide all of the information EMBOSS explorer
needs to find the EMBOSS installation.  If you need to change this
information at a later date, you can either re-run the install script,
or edit the configuration module (the location of which is provided in
the message at the end of the install script...)

Cheers,

Luke